How can a Learning Mentor Apprentice help your business?
Demonstrate, encourage and expect mutual respect in all professional contexts.
Value equality and diversity and work with others to improve equality of opportunity and inclusion.
Be resilient and adaptable when dealing with challenge and change, maintaining focus and self-control.
Promote an ethos of motivation, aspiration and a passion for learning.
The Apprenticeship Journey
Learning Mentor Timeline
Learning Mentor – FAQs
Still not sure if the Learning Mentor apprenticeship is right for your business? Check out some of the most commonly asked questions about this apprenticeship below:
Can you offer a sympathetic ear to young people with a range of behavioural, emotional & learning difficulties? Can you relate to young people with a wide range of abilities and backgrounds? Interested in developing plans of action to help young people overcome barriers? You could become a learning mentor.
- Advise, guide and supervise learners to acquire the most benefit from their learning programme.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively and use effective questioning, listening and assertiveness skills.
- Work with education providers and workplace colleagues to plan and implement structured and meaningful learning and work experience.
- Liaise with assessors, coaches and/or teachers to facilitate formative and summative assessment of learners skills and knowledge.
- Identify and refer issues relevant to learners progress and well-being, to education- providers and/or workplace colleagues.
- Collaborate with the wider education support team to review learners progress and to provide evidence of progress and achievement.
- Maintain appropriate records for the learning programme, complying with quality, confidentiality and data protection requirements.
- Liaise with relevant colleagues to support the implementation of learners action plans.
- Be vigilant in safeguarding learners and others in contact with them.
- Maintain the currency of their vocational skills.
- Access to expert support and guidance.
- Use of an innovative e-portfolio system that provides an interactive and content rich environment through which the Apprenticeship will be delivered.
- Regular progress reviews with Apprentices and their employer
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults.
The Learning Mentor could progress further within their vocation specialism and/or into roles involving the assessment and coaching of vocational learners. They may also be eligible to progress onto a full teaching role within an education and training provider organisation.
Don’t take our word for it…
Hear what our customers have to say!
‘Our learning mentor has joined the team and fit in so well! They have been amazing so far and they have only been with us for 2 months. We look forward to seeing them progress through their apprenticeship.’
‘I thought that the learning mentor apprenticeship was great, I have learnt loads and it has gave me so many new skills that I can take into the workplace.’
Learning Mentor Apprentice
Employers we work with…
Interested? Let’s talk.
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you.