12 – 18 months
How can an Early Years Apprentice help your business?
This occupation is found in a range of private and public settings including; full day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes, playgroups, nursery schools, home based provision, hospitals, social care settings, out of school environments and local authority provision to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by the government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 in both indoor and
Work effectively with colleagues and other professionals.
To improving the outcomes for children through inspiration and
child centred care and education
Develop trust by working in a confidential, ethical and
empathetic manner with a common sense and professional attitude.
Provide the very best childcare to every child every day
combined with the ability to identify opportunities for development.
child CARE Apprenticeships
Early Years – FAQs
Still not sure if the Early Years Apprenticeship is right for your business? Check out some of the most commonly asked questions about this apprenticeship below:
The Early Years apprenticeship is suitable for people who know and understand
- Support babies and young children through a range of transitions.e.g moving onto
school, moving house or the birth of a sibling.
- Recognise when a child is in danger, at risk of serious harm or abuse and explain
the procedures to be followed to protect them. Types of abuse including:
domestic, neglect, physical, emotional, and sexual abuse.
- Identify risks and hazards in the work setting and during off site visits, relating to
both children and staff.
- Demonstrate skills and understanding for the prevention and control of infection, including hand washing, food preparation and hygiene, dealing with spillages safely, safe disposal of waste, using correct personal protective equipment.
– Holistic development of speech, language, communication, as well as personal, social, emotional and physical development.
– The significance of attachment and how to promote it effectively.
– The legal requirements and guidance on safeguarding, security, confidentiality of information and the welfare of children.
– Risks and identifying hazards in the work setting and during off-site visits.
– Common childhood illnesses and allergies and dietary guidance.
– The observation, assessment and planning cycle and reflective practice.
- Level 2 Early Years Apprenticeship Standard.
- Access to expert support and guidance.
- Use of an innovative e-portfolio system that provides an interactive and content rich environment through which the Apprenticeship will be delivered.
- Regular progress reviews with Apprentices and their employer.
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate.
- Mental Health Awareness Certificate.
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 may
progress onto our level 3 Early Years
- Further progression is available upon
completion to Level 4 and Level 5
qualifications. Jobs include
Nursery Assistant, Early Years
Practitioner, Nursery Practitioner,
Nursery Nurse, Assistant Childminder,
Nanny and Early Years Worker.
Don’t take our word for it…
Hear what our customers have to say!
‘Such a brilliant company who have gave such guidance and support with us and our new apprentice! We had loads of information given to us and they are always really helpful.’
‘I am loving my apprenticeship so far, I have been doing it for 4 months so far and I have learned so much. I have always wanted to work in childcare so this is a good opportunity for me.’
Holly Rose – Smith
Early Years Level 2 Apprentice.
Employers we work with…
Interested? Let’s talk.
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you.