12 – 18 months
How can an Early Years Apprentice help your business?
Early Years Educators, and other job roles such as nursery nurse and childminders, are highly trained professionals who play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. They work in a range of settings including full day care, children’s centres, pre schools, reception classes and as childminders
Work effectively with colleagues and other professionals and support the learning and development of others through mentoring and sharing of professional expertise and experience.
Commitment to improving the outcomes for children through inspiration and child centered care and education.
Develop trust by working in a confidential, ethical and
empathetic manner with a common sense and professional attitude.
Provide the very best childcare to every child every day combined with the ability to professionally challenge poor practice.
child CARE Apprenticeships
Early Years Educator – FAQs
Still not sure if the Early Years Educator Apprenticeship is right for your business? Check out some of the most commonly asked questions about this apprenticeship below:
The Early Years Educator apprenticeship is suitable for people who know and understand
- Analyse and explain how children’s learning and development can be affected by their stage of development and individual circumstances such as the needs of children learning English as an additional language from a variety of cultures
- Promote equality of opportunity and
- Plan and lead activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes which include the learning and development areas of current early education curriculum requirements.
- Ensure plans fully reflect the stage of development, individual needs and circumstances of children and providing consistent care and responding quickly to the needs of the child
- Provide learning experiences, environments and opportunities appropriate to the age, stage and needs of individual and groups of children.
- Encourage children’s participation, ensuring a balance between adult-led
and child-initiated activities.
- Engage in effective strategies to develop and extend children’s learning and thinking, including sustained shared thinking.
- Support and promote children’s speech,
language and communication
- Support children’s group learning and
- Model and promote positive behaviours expected of children such as turn
taking and keep reactions and emotions proportionate or modern foreign
- Plans and supervises child initiated and adult led activities which are based around
the needs and interests of each individual child.
- Supports children to develop numeracy and language skills through games and play.
- Has key person responsibility to help ensure each child feels safe and secure.
- Observes each child and shapes their learning experience to reflect their
- Meets the care needs of the individual child such as feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine.
- Works in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other
professionals to meet the individual needs of each child.
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard.
- Access to expert support and guidance.
- Use of an innovative e-portfolio system that provides an interactive and content rich environment through which the Apprenticeship will be delivered.
- Regular progress reviews with Apprentices and their employer.
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate.
- Mental Health Awareness Certificate.
- Children’s Young People and Family’s Practitioner Level 4 and then our level 5 – Children, Young People and Families Manager is available.
Don’t take our word for it…
Hear what our customers have to say!
‘We have had some amazing training so far from Training Initiative, they have been such a help to our business and have gave us a great apprentice!’
‘Since joining as an apprentice I have really enjoyed my first apprenticeship which has made me learn so much. I would recommend this apprenticeship to anyone who is wanting to do one!’
Early Years Educator
Employers we work with…
Interested? Let’s talk.
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you.