How can a Cyber Security Apprentice help your business?
The biggest advantage is that the IT security cyber security solutions can provide comprehensive digital protection to your business. This will allow your employees to surf the internet as and when they need, and ensure that they aren’t at risk from potential threats. They will offer a comprehensive solution to protect against a diverse range of issues. Ideally, your security needs to include a firewall, anti-virus, anti-spam, wireless security and online content filtration.
An apprenticeship in cyber security puts you in the front line of defence against cyber attacks, leading to a stimulating and varied career. Protect your organisation and your reputation by establishing some basic cyber defences to ensure that you’re not under risk
The apprentice will be conducting specific cyber security tasks to defined procedures and standards. Security methods include: patching software, installing software updates, implementing access control, configuring firewalls, security incident and protection tools.
Helping Security Threats
Contribute to the delivery of a security culture across an organisation, understanding vulnerabilities and threats and supporting the development of an organisation’s cyber security maturity.
To apply procedures and controls to maintain security and control of an organisation, and process security requests ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of information stored digitally.
The Apprenticeship Journey
Cyber Security Timeline
Cyber Security – FAQs
Still not sure if the Cyber Security Apprenticeship is right for your business? Check out some of the most commonly asked questions about this apprenticeship below:
The broad purpose of the occupation is to provide first line cyber security support. This requires individuals to monitor and detect potential security threats and escalate as necessary and to support secure and uninterrupted business operations of an organisation through the implementation of cyber security mechanisms and the application of cyber security procedures and controls.
- Monitor, identify, report and escalate information security incidents and events in accordance with relevant procedures and standards.
- Conduct regular review of access rights to digital information assets in accordance with relevant procedures and standards.
- Assist with backup and recovery processes in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and standards.
- Contribute to routine threat intelligence gathering tasks.
- Monitor and detect potential security threats and escalate in accordance with relevant procedures and standards.
- Level 3 Cyber Security Apprenticeship Standard.
- Access to expert support and guidance.
- Use of an innovative e-portfolio system that provides an interactive and content rich environment through which the apprenticeship will be delivered.
- Regular progress reviews with apprentices and their employer.
- Full time employment in Cyber Security.
Don’t take our word for it…
Hear what our customers have to say!
‘I highly recommend the Cyber Security Apprenticeship through The Training Initiative. We are now much more protected online and data processing within the company is secure.’
‘I have learnt a lot during this apprenticeship. The tutor is great and really encourages my passion in cyber security.’
Cyber Security Apprentice
Employers we work with…
Interested? Let’s talk.
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you.